Sunday 14 August 2011

Never try and outsmart your body...it'll never work.

A super-special short entry for my own benefit tonight. I went out earlier this evening to catch up with Hessie since she's in Leeds too. It's nice to get out and see some other people, talk about random stuff (and yes, it was random. Sushi pet shop should help clarify the level of bizarreness) and grab a drink.

Once we finished up, the words "early night" came up. I was feeling pretty tired from my irregular pattern and love of going to bed at 2am, waking up an hour or two later and repeating that through the night...and an early night sounded like heaven. So, I got sneaky and went to bed at about 10. I know...I'm not a very awesome person for going to bed at 10pm on a Saturday night. But I'm tired, and early nights aren't really my thing.

If I went to bed at 10pm, why am I writing this at 11:55? Seems I can't outsmart my body clock. My internal clock decided it was nap time and I could sleep for about an hour and a half and then woke me up feeling as fresh as a daisy. There's no particular reason...unless I hate myself. Which would be strange, since I'd think you have to be aware of your own self-hate to actually have such an emotion.

I'll do some writing for an hour or so and then go back to bed. If I sleep, I sleep. If I don't, I'll probably just bang my head against the wall until I 'sleep'.

Either way, I'm going back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment